Disaster recovery of IT systems is a sophisticated integrated solution, including not only the necessary technology, but also the necessary processes and procedures, staff training and the ability to respond in an emergency situation.
Some of the largest corporate IT departments, depending on the nature of the company's activities (IT downtime impact on financial flows, profits, reputation, etc.) already have developed their disaster recovery strategy, often in conjunction with highly specific disaster recovery plans for each critical IT system, and perform their scheduled testing.
So far, disaster recovery used to be a relatively expensive and complex solution, generally available only to major banking and trading enterprises, as well as the public sector. The greater part of the cost had to be spent for the replication of infrastructure and communications in backup data centres, doubling the amount of investment in equipment. Significant cost is also required for data replication mechanisms and/or software licenses.
Virtualization technology now makes the disaster recovery possible not only as a complex customized solution, but a service affordable to many companies. Telia Lietuva can assist to IT departments seeking to ensure the continuity of the company's activities with the following:
- To create a disaster recovery strategy;
- To create a disaster recovery plan and architecture;
- To create the necessary recovery processes and procedures;
- To install the disaster recovery architecture in the own or in the client's remote data centre;
- To carry out the disaster recovery testing.
It is essential that from now on, the virtualization technology and cloud computing platform used by Telia allows to perform the disaster recovery not only on the telia infrastructure, but also to automate it and reduce the cost of this service several or even dozens of times. How is this possible? Like most standardized services, the price becomes more attractive because the solution is circulated across many customers while the size of the Telia infrastructure is such that the reservation of part of it for each customer is more beneficial in economic terms, compared to owning and maintaining the dedicated infrastructure.
How is the disaster recovery delivered as a service? Client systems are copied on the Telia infrastructure, which provides resources for the system disaster recovery. In the event of a failure, the customer's IT systems are launched on the Telia infrastructure either automatically or manually, and IT services are then delivered from the Telia data centres.
Why should I choose the disaster recovery solution from Telia?
- Telia was the first in Lithuania to be verified according to ISO 27001 information security standard, and we have most extensive experience in providing services with more security;
- Telia manages the highest number of data centres in Lithuania, enabling it to deliver the geographically dispersed disaster recovery service;
- Telia delivers its disaster recovery services to the largest Lithuanian banks and retail companies; we are the leaders of this market;
- Telia is a company having the highest hardware and software manufacturers partnership statuses, and the disaster recovery service provided on their basis meets the highest quality and reliability standards.